What sets us apart from other Roofing Companies…
Simply put, we have a superior product in Sprayed Polyurethane Foam (SPF) when compared to other roofing systems and seasoned crews that know how to apply it – safely, on time and on budget. F.W. Walton Roofing Dallas, formerly known as Specifed Urethane Systems Co., Inc. (SUSCO), has been in the roofing industry for over 35 years. We specialize in the application of quality SPF (Sprayed Polyurethane Foam) roofing systems, growing and thriving over the years on a strong commitment to quality and customer service. The quality work that has earned us our reputation comes from highly experienced crews, using quality materials, attention to detail, and a “customer first” mentality. We ensure that excellence is built in to everything we do with you, by using state-of-the-art technologies and systems. Our customers include many fortune 500 customers like Texas Instruments® and educational institutions like Texas A&M®. Our customers often include us early on in the design process so we can lend our expertise and years of experience to help minimize cost and improve the quality of the application. FW Walton Dallas offers a variety of services which include; Maintenance Programs, Repairs, Tear-Offs, Layovers, Insulated Roofing Systems, Air Barriers and Coatings. Segments we serve include; Commericial, Manufacturing, Sustainable Retail, Distilleries, Property Managers, Building Managers, Universities, Schools, Medical Centers, Agricultural (when temperature and humidity control are important). Due to the superior adhesion properties of the foam we use and low weight, our roofing systems can be applied over Built up Roofing (BUR), Modified Bitumen, Concrete, Metal, Wood, and Single Ply.
We invite you to review our picture gallery and testimonials to see the quality of the work we do and comments directly from the customers we serve. If there are any questions we can answer for you, please contact Garrett Domingue, our General Manager, directly at (972) 224 9772 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the benefits of Sprayed Polyurethane Foam (SPF) that, in most cases, make it superior to other roofing systems;
- Least expensive roofing system based on Return on Investment (ROI). Why?
Longer Lasting. SPF is the longest lasting roofing system. With periodic maintenance, SPF roofing systems have been known to last 30 years.
Energy Savings. SPF is a natural insulator, offering a superior insulating factor of R6 to R7. Other roofing systems, like ISO board, that are mechanically fastened initially offer an R factor of 5 but up to 30% of this insulating factor is lost due to thermal bridging (heat from the top following the mechanical fasteners and joints, thereby transferring heat to the inside)(insert link to thermal bridging video here), effectively reducing the R value to 3.5, or approximately half the R value of an SPF system. SPF has no thermal bridging and thus retains its original R value, delivering superior insulation. What does this mean and how does it benefit you? The superior insulation qualities save you money on energy. How much money? In a study by Gerald Scott at Texas A&M University, construction cost of installing SPF roofing systems on their buildings was captured and then tracked against the energy savings received. Dr. Scott’s analysis showed an average payout on construction costs of 4 ½ years due to the energy savings alone! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9VFA3PTgcE ) Due to the higher R value and superior insulating qualities of SPF, it keeps more heat in buildings in the winter and more cool air in buildings in the summer. This reduces your energy bill and delivers real savings from the moment the installation is complete. When you perform life-cycle cost analysis on competitive systems, be sure to compare renewing your roof to the cost of total tear off and disposal. See our energy calculator, under FAQ’s, to see how much you could save when re-coating your existing roof.
Lower Maintenance Costs – Easy to Maintain. Damage to an SPF roof is easy to locate and easy to repair. Because the membrane is closed cell the damage is localized and usually does not cause leaks. The integrity of the system can often be maintained by simply caulking areas of abuse. It is advisable to always have a certified SPF applicator diagnose and effect repairs on SPF roofing systems.
When you factor in the longevity of the roof, reduced energy costs and lower maintenance costs, SPF delivers the best Return on Investment (ROI) of any roofing system. It’s simply the best.
- Qualified Crews. To enjoy the benefits of SPF, you need a crew that is experienced and qualified to be certain the system is applied correctly. Our qualified crews have over 40 years of combined experience and expertise in applying SPF correctly.
- Superior Leak Prevention. SPF, by its very nature, is waterproof, and offers superior leak protection. Why? Its closed cell configuration and seamless application does not allow water to penetrate (insert relevant You Tube video clip here). Should a hole occur due to hail or lightning, the leak is limited to that specific spot and will not travel laterally under the material like other roofing systems (insert section starting at 8:56 and ending at 9:15 from You Tube Video). The system requires limited maintenance and, when a hole should occur, it’s easier than other roofing systems to inspect, diagnose and rectify. (Insert picture here of water pooling in an SPF hail pocket and not leaking) (Insert second picture of how leak is isolated and will not travel like other roofing systems).
- Eliminates condensation, the leading cause of mold and mildew. Other roofing systems leave air pockets when applied. This trapped air can condense and produce moisture with temperature changes, which degrades the base material from within and can cause failures in the roofing system over time, allowing additional moisture to penetrate from above. SPS, by its very nature, chemically bonds to the surface and is “seamless” when applied leaving no seams or air pockets and effectively eliminating condensation, the root cause of mold and mildew. (show picture of trapped air is a traditional roofing system and how it can degrade over time)
- Safety First. Our trained crews have worked for over 4 years without a safety incident. They are OSHA 10 and Fall Protection certified.
- Quality Guaranteed – Warranties. We stand behind our work with some of the best warranties in the business. In addition to the manufacturer’s warranty, which can extend up to 30 years and varies by manufacturer and system, we provide a 2-year labor warranty. Warranties for repairs are job dependent.
- Environmentally Friendly. SPF has no ozone depleting emissions during or after the installation process. It has less waste when compared to other roofing systems, typically less than 2% of materials used, meaning less material going to landfills. Often tear-offs can be prevented due to the low weight of foam, which both decreases waste and further improves the insulating qualities of the roof.
- Sustainable. SPF roofing systems, properly maintained, should have an indefinite life. Unlike traditional roofing systems which have a definitive life expectancy, SPF can be sustained. Most systems can be recoated at the end of the warranty, allowing for an extension of the previous warranty. Even SPF roofs that have been abused can be re-coated with a process called scarifying, Scarification is a process that removes the top level of foam and coating. A fresh topping of foam is applied and recovered. The renewal factor not only helps the environment but it represents a large cost savings, as well.
- Light Weight. Due to its nature, SPF is a light weight material. Most SPF systems weight less than 1 lb. / sq. ft., resulting in less building stress. Over existing tar and gravel roofs, the entire SPF system weighs less than the loose gravel removed. The lower weight of SPF also makes it ideal over existing metal roofs.
- No Tear Off. In most applications, if only one roofing system has been installed, SPF can be applied directly over that system, mitigating the need for tear-off of the previous roofing system and increasing the R value and insulating qualities of the finished roof. In circumstances where two roofing systems are already in place, we can apply a coating over the existing roof to seal the roof, make it waterproof again and extend the life. It is code that no more than two roofing systems can be applied and, since a coating is not considered a roofing system, this maintains code compliance.
- Seamless – no seams or fasteners to leak. While other roofing systems can have miles of seams or thousands of fasteners that can leak, SPF roofing systems have no seams or fasteners. The foam is sprayed as a liquid and, in seconds, expands to 30x its volume, chemically attaching itself to form a homogenous closed waterproofing and insulating material.
- Self – Flashing. Parapets, roof penetrations and HVAC units can be sealed with SPF – eliminating seams and joints, the main source of leaks in conventional roofing. The self-flashing capabilities of SPF also eliminate the need for the purchase and installation of costly flashing material and provides seamless, leak free protection. This makes SPF ideal for roofs with multiple penetrations.
- Easy to repair and re-coat. Repairing SPF occurs quickly since the system, including the foam, is “self-sealing” and will not allow water to penetrate or travel, even when it breaks through the top coating. This means that leaks are isolated to where actual punctures or holes through the entire roofing system have occurred. Once any holes or hail damage have been isolated and repaired, the re-coating process with a top coating and granules is fluid, easy and cost effective.
- Superior temperature control and regulation. SPF is the only roofing system that offers true insulating capabilities and an air barrier on the outside of the roof. This allows for superior temperature and humidity control inside the building.
- Eliminates Thermal Bridging. Thermal bridging occurs when heat is transferred from metal fasteners through the roofing system to the inside of the roof. It occurs on all roofing systems except SPF. No thermal bridging means a higher R value for your finished roof and significantly more savings on heat and air conditioning costs for your building. Due to no thermal bridging, SPF often will have double the R value of competing roofing systems – 7 R value for SPF vs. 3.5 for a conventional roof (5 R as originally rated, less 30%, or a deduction of 1.5 R for thermal bridging, for a net R value of 3.5) (Insert picture of thermal bridging and how it works) (Insert You Tube video clip of Thermal Bridging and how it works)
- Can be Applied Over Existing Systems. SPF can be applied over almost all existing roofing systems including; Modified Bitumen, Single Ply, Built Up Roofing (BUR), Metal, Concrete, Wood, and New Construction.(Insert You Tube video clip explaining this).
- Quick and Non Disruptive Installation. SPF roofs can be applied quickly with minimal disruption to operations.
- Superior Wind Uplift Resistance. SPF, due to its strong chemical bond and seamless nature has the best wind-uplift resistance of any roofing system meaning when the wind is high this system, when properly applied, stays in place! In addition, should punctures occur due to flying debris, unless the debris punctures through the entire roofing system, which is rare, it will not leak (Insert You Tube video clip explaining this from main You Tube video). In rare circumstances, when the entire roofing system is punctured, the hole is isolated to just that one location and water will not travel, making the needed repair easy to isolate and quick to repair. SPF has been known to increase the wind uplift resistance of existing roofing systems to which it is applied.